hello Mark and amavis-users,

I'm trying to set up a nice all-in-one in- and outbound solution here,
and am a bit stuck:

Running 2.4.5, I do not want to log the details of outbound mail to
sql (syslog is enough).  Inbound, being processed for spam too, is
great in sql, but outbound just litters my db.  In fact, I'd prefer
not having any sql activity for outbound (black/white lists, etc...
nothing is needed.)

So, I've tried setting up a policy bank, but have discovered that
'lookup_sql_dsn' and 'storage_sql_dsn' are not 'dynamic_confvars'.  It
does make sense, but it doesn't help!  So, how to do it?  'sql_clause'
IS a policy-able variable, but I'm not sure amavisd-new would be
stable if that is set to undef in a policy declaration..  and setting
all of the write components of 'sql_clause' to "SELECT 1" seems a bit
daft. :)  Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree and there's an
easier way, or maybe the "if ($sql_storage)" type checks in the
'check_mail' method would need another toggle to achieve this.

I'd appreciate any advice here!  Thanks in advance.

Riaan

(Being a fairly new subscriber, I'll just briefly pay my respects to
the quality of the program and vibrancy of the community here..
Pretty impressive stuff!)