On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Danita Zanre wrote:

> Any opinions about these two?  I've been using postgrey for awhile, and
> I like it, but I also like the idea of using mysql so that I can perhaps
> get info out of the database if I want.  Any opinions as to which would
> be faster, etc.?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Danita

We run Sqlgrey and are happy with it. I can't say if it's faster than
postgrey because we never ran postgrey. Yesterday, at the last DDOS like
attack of a spammer, we processed 243 triplets per second. Uptodate
hardware would be 2.5 faster, as our tests showed.

For MySQL we use 2 dedicated server with master-master-replication and
heartbeat for failover (www.linux-ha.org).

Michael Storz
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum      |    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boltzmannstr. 1            |    Fax: +49 89 35831-9700
85748 Garching / Germany   |    Tel: +49 89 35831-8840