I failed to look at the FAQ.  I did not know there was one but if I had
looked I would have seen it.  My next sin was trusting my manager when he
said the trafiic was going out over port 80.

That being said why would be we be seeing connection resets from cloudmark
in our firewall log?

I see from the razor logs that it seems to be working.  At least I see
messages saying that mails are not spam.

thanks

Doug

On 4/24/07, Daniel J McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 16:21 -0400, Doug Lochart wrote:
> > I am using an MTA system comprised of postfix,amavisd,spamassassin
> etc.  I
> > added pyzor and razor to help with the scoring  I am real new at this so
> > please bare with me.  My manager comes to me and tells me that
> > cloudmark.comkeeps doing connection resets against a connection that
> > is no longer in
> > existence.  The firewall we are using is running in HTTP proxy mode and
> it
> > makes sure all HTTP (port 80) traffic is using proper http.
>
> from the Razor FAQ:
>
> Q: I have a firewall. What ports do I need to open in order for
>    Razor2 to work?
>
>    Outgoing TCP port 2703 (Razor2), only.  Previous versions used
>    TCP port 7 (echo), but this is no longer used.
>
> --
> Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
> Austin Energy
> http://www.austinenergy.com

What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?