> My amavis logs shows the following number of Passed UNCHECKED items:
>
> 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 84, 312
>
> That's 84 yesterday and 312 so far today since midnight.
>
> The days with zero have real data, between 12k and 72k
> entries, just no Passed UNCHECKED.
>
> Assuming this is not legit email, what did I likely mangle
> yesterday to start getting this behavior?
>
> I did not make an amavisd.conf change, it's got to be
> something in my sql db.

Amavis may be unable to check the message content for a variety of reasons,
such as encrypted archives, unsupported compression methods, etc.  Eg:

amavis[19836]: (19836-04) ...
 ... (!)do_unzip: p002, unsupported compr. method: 99
 ... presenting full original message to scanners as
/var/amavis/tmp/amavis-20070226T083354-19836/parts/p005, 1 undecipherable

amavis[19804]: (19804-09) ...
 ... do_unzip: p002, 1 members are encrypted, none extracted, archive
retained
 ... presenting full original message to scanners as
/var/amavis/tmp/amavis-20070226T083012-19804/parts/p005, 1 undecipherable

What are you logs showing in the entries just prior to Passed UNCHECKED ?

MrC