On Thursday 28 June 2007 14:49, Gary V wrote:
> Joshua wrote:
> > SIGH, GRR, and other frustrated noises.
> > I had copied over the config file from an old Debian Sarge (3.1) install,
> > and hadn't really checked things thoroughly.  It turns out that Amavis on
> > Ubuntu (Debian too?) doesn't even look at /etc/amavisd.conf, but only
> > the /etc/amavis/conf.d/* files.
>
> As I said, possibly depending on how you start it. Move amavisd.conf
> to prevent accidentally reading it. Always stop and start this
> particular version from /etc/init.d/amavis.

Right.  I was using /etc/init.d/amavis, but was not realizing it was pulling
its config from the conf.d/* files.  Thanks again for all your help and
pointers!

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111