At 03:29 PM 8/24/2007, Justin Kim wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have installed and using amavisd-new for about 1 year now.
>It is been great since the installation.
>But I noticed sometimes that Amavis is having hiccups and during the hiccups
>the email delivery is delayed.
>Postfix is accepting lot of messages and it defers couple of thousands
>messages during this amavis hiccup time.

What do you mean by hiccup?  Is amavisd-new unable to accept
connections from postfix?  Does amavisd-new stop running and must be
restarted?  Is amavisd-new taking an unreasonably long time to
process messages at times?  Something else?  Hiccup is not very
descriptive for trouble shooting.

Top output is not very useful here.  Show logs.  amavisd-nanny and/or
amavisd-agent might also provide useful information, but the logs are
the place to start.

--
Noel Jones