Hi all.

I'm running amavis 2.5.2 and I've written a custom hook for the
checks() subroutine.  My hook is analysing the headers of the message
and the sender/recipient domains and, based on a local policy, I might
need to quarantine a message.  However I'm not sure what I'm supposed
to do to make this happen.  I've had a look at the example in
amavisd-custom.conf, but its quarantining code seems to be taking a
copy of the message and letting the original continue on its merry
way.

Is there a simple way to tag the message as banned, and let the
regular behaviour for a banned attachment take over?

Can I do the same per-recipient if I wanted to?

I'm doing something like this:

sub checks() {
  if ($need_to_ban_message) {
    $msginfo->add_contents_category(CC_BANNED,0);
    for my $r (@{$msginfo->per_recip_data}) {
      $r->recip_done(1);
    }
  }
}

but I get errors in my like like:

  (!!)TROUBLE in check_mail: delivery-notificaton FAILED: Assert
failed: 0, 1,  at ...

It would seem I have a few other things to set in order to correctly
change the status of the message.  Am I on the right track?

Can I choose to not quarantine a message in some cases, but send a
notificaton as if I had?

Also, I realise that I'm trying to tag a message as banned, which is
normally associated with an attachment.  However, I still want to ban
messages by my policy even when there's no attachment.  Am I going to
fall foul of anything by overloading the "banned" status?  Should I be
setting a message to "badh" instead?

Cheers
Jeremy