myself wrote:
> I also see a need for a mechanism by which custom hooks could
> suppress normal notifications and quarantining - currently this
> is only possible indirectly by modifying attributes of a mail
> (e.g. its contents category). Then you could send your own
> notifications without worrying about multiple notifications.

On a second thought, preparing a policy bank with required
settings (like suppressing quarantine, special templates,
destiny* settings, ..) and having it pre-configured in the normal
config file, then loaded when needed by a custom hook - could
achieve most if not all of your needs.

Just call:
  Amavis::load_policy_bank($some_bank_name)
as needed from a custom hook.

A custom macro could still be useful though.