I was away overseas for a week and set up mail forwarding (vis my desktop's
email client) from one address to another on the same (my) mail server.

Unfortunately a mail loop developed which resulted in over 4,000 near
identical messages being sent through the SMTP server, and growing, before I
stopped it.

The mail server now rejects all mail from the email address which these
forwards came from.

it isn't the message content because an identical message (with a different
from address) gets through.

In this case both the sending and receiving address are on the same mail
server.

I've emptied the Amavis MySQL tables with no success. What can do I do please?

--------------------------------
The notification message is as follows:

A message from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to:
-> EMAIL DELETED

was considered unsolicited bulk e-mail (UBE).

Our internal reference code for your message is 02271-01/BOtn6tyqfuLO

The message carried your return address, so it was either a genuine mail
from you, or a sender address was faked and your e-mail address abused
by third party, in which case we apologize for undesired notification.

We do try to minimize backscatter for more prominent cases of UBE and
for infected mail, but for less obvious cases of UBE some balance
between losing genuine mail and sending undesired backscatter is sought,
and there can be some collateral damage on both sides.