Justin Mason wrote:

>   This issue has no security impact.  The flaw will cause Net::DNS to
>   "croak", which in turn should be handled by the calling application.  In
>   the case of RHEL, the only known application that uses this
>   functionality is Spamassassin. Spamassassin handles this failure
>   gracefully and continues to function, minus the DNS tests.
>
> we haven't seen details of the vulnerability, but I think Josh's take on
> the issue sounds correct.
>
> if anyone has a demo of the bug, please pass it on so we can try it out.

i guess a 'croak' isn't a dos... ;-)

its in freebsd ports, a 'portupgrade p5-Net-DNS' should update it quickly.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Main: 561-999-5000, Office: 561-939-7259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation
Winner 2008 Technosium hot company award.
www.technosium.com/hotcompanies/ <http://www.technosium.com/hotcompanies/>

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com