* Peer Heinlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-18-2008]:

> None of those FILTER-Actions is possible amavisd-new is connect through
> smtpd_proxy_filter (and that's the only way to filter e-mails without
> having backscatter-problems). And it's not possible to use different IPs
> or tcp-ports using different MX-records, because just several users of a
> domain should be able to send those mails.

This is false.  Using amavisd-new after queue does not create a backscatter
problem.  Instead of rejecting mail after receipt, simply discard it.  You
can maintain a user-accessible quarantine so users can view and release
emails if necessary.

Of course there are pros and cons.  Nuances.  YMMV.  Et cetera.  Had I known
you were using amavisd-new as a proxy, I would not have suggested policy
banks. :-)

--
Sahil Tandon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>