Michael Scheidell wrote:
> I am confused,  this press release says barracuda networks tried to buy
> sourcefire, not that sourcefire tried to buy clamav.
>

> Anyone know what is going on?
> Did sourcefire buy clamav or not?

http://investor.sourcefire.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=204582&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1041607

<cite>

COLUMBIA, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 17, 2007--Open source innovator and
SNORT (R) creator, Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE), today announced that
it has acquired ClamAV(TM), a leading open source gateway anti-virus and
anti-malware project. Sourcefire's first acquisition since its Initial
Public Offering in March 2007, ClamAV will broaden the company's open
source footprint while providing the technology foundation for new
products and services that will extend the company's Enterprise Threat
Management network security portfolio.

</cite>