Leonardo Rodrigues,

> As not defined on amavisd.conf, amavisd use it's own internal
> default definition that gives 0.1 for SaneSecurity detected messages. As
> 0.1 probably wont change the 'spam-or-not' situation of almost all
> messages, so i think 0.1 is PRETTY low and VERY much conversative value.
>
> So i really think that raising this 0.1 to something higher (2 or
> even 3) could be an interesting change.

The defaults are low only for non-virus and non-malware SaneSecurity hits.
As such these can be considered false positives for a virus scanner.

Actually there is a more practical reason: turning such report into
a spam report gives SpamAssassin a chance to save a couple of messages
from being SaneSecurity false positives. It is much preferred to
add few rules (as suggested in RELEASE_NOTES) to local.cf and
let SpamAssassin deal with combining a SaneSecurity assessment
with remaining SA rules.

> the definition is there on amavisd.conf-default but
> NOT on amavisd.conf.sample.

> seems the problem is that i relied on amavisd.conf-sample being the
> 'complete' conf file, and it missed some (at least this one is
> confirmed) definitions.

The amavisd.conf-default lists ALL settings (except a handful
of them with complex defaults, which are only noted there).

The amavisd.conf-sample is pretty much out of date, I keep
it only because it may still provide some ideas.

The amavisd.conf in the distribution is a bare-essentials file,
as noted at its beginning:

# a minimalistic configuration file for amavisd-new with all
# necessary settings
#   see amavisd.conf-default for a list of all variables with their defaults;
#   see amavisd.conf-sample for a traditional-style commented file;
#   for more details see documentation in INSTALL, README_FILES/*
#   and at http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html