Sahil,

> I see this error in the logs.
>
> Jul 27 17:13:56 aegis amavis[704]: (00704-06) (!)rw_loop: leaving rw loop,
> no progressJul 27 17:13:56 aegis amavis[704]: (00704-06) (!)FWD via SMTP:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ->
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 451 4.5.0 From MTA([127.0.0.1]:10025) during
> fwd-connect (Negative greeting:  at (eval 97) line 555.):
>  id=00704-06
>
> What does it mean?

Do you see it often / regularly?  Could the event be associated with
some other event on the host, or with your MTA (like its restart)?
What is the operating system? Can you search for other log entries
pertaining to "(00704-06)", I'm particularly interested in their
timestamps around the event.

In the amavisd smtp client code (feeding mail back to MTA) there
is a watchdog flag, armed for each iteration of an I/O event loop,
and cleared when code inside the loop understands what happened
(e.g. read completed, write completed, signal) and clears it.
If by the end of each iteration the flag is still armed,
you get a message like reported, and the loop bails out,
as this is something which should not have happened.

If you can reproduce the problem, I'd be interested in
log at level 5, in particular the "rw_loop:..." entries
and events/timestamps thereabout.