My problem is that stderr messages just seem to vanish. Other errors in
the web page that calls this script get logged to weblogs just fine.
Perhaps there's a perl setting to run in stealth mode or something? I'm
just not real big on sysadmin and this machine seems to have newer
versions of just about everything.

Perhaps defining a logfile and then changing the do_log sub to
      print >>$logfile sanitize_str($errmsg),"\n"  if $level <= $log_level;
might work?

--
Michael Slavin /o\~/o\~/o\ 226 Santa Fe Dr.  Baldwin City, KS  66006
theWebster  ***  electronic internet publishing and graphic services

tel 785 594-6621                           verizon cell 785 766-8756

Get Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/>, Firefox
<http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/>, and MailDad <http://maildad.com/>,
and you're in good hands....