--On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:06 PM +0100 Mark Martinec
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The documentation section on DKIM mail signing and verification
> has been greatly expanded, and its weight shifted from
> signing by dkim-milter to signing by amavisd:
>
> http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#dkim

Mark,

This is a great update, thanks!

I have a few questions in general though with Amavis and DKIM signing.
Right now, it seems amavis needs a reload any time a new domain is added.
That might be fine for a small site, but we offer a hosted solution where
we will be dealing with some 10,000+ domains.  What we'd like to be able to
do is to add signing for domains without having to reload amavis.

Another thing we want to be able to do is add a disclaimer on a per-domain
basis with altermime, without having to restart amavis all the time, or to
maintain the very large configuration array.

Would it be possible to extend amavis to pull this sort of information from
a database such as LDAP or mysql, rather than using the hard coded arrays
it does now?

Thanks,
Quanah

--