> --On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:06 PM +0100 Mark Martinec
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a few questions in general though with Amavis and DKIM signing.
> Right now, it seems amavis needs a reload any time a new domain is added.
> That might be fine for a small site, but we offer a hosted solution where
> we will be dealing with some 10,000+ domains.  What we'd like to be able to
> do is to add signing for domains without having to reload amavis.
>
> Another thing we want to be able to do is add a disclaimer on a per-domain
> basis with altermime, without having to restart amavis all the time, or to
> maintain the very large configuration array.
>
> Would it be possible to extend amavis to pull this sort of information from
> a database such as LDAP or mysql, rather than using the hard coded arrays
> it does now?

You do know you can set up named pipes for the files, and have the backend
be a perl script that read the database, right? I wonder if that would help
(or does amavisd still need the reload, and yes, reloading it every time
does mess up things on large sites.. Any email that is in the middle of
being deliver through amavisd gets delayed for 'rescan time' with a entry in
the mta queue)

So, mark, if the 'file' was a named pipe, does amavis call that named pipe
only upon restart, or would it call it (eventually) when a new amavisd child
was spawned?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
>|SECNAP Network Security
Winner 2008 Network Products Guide Hot Companies
FreeBSD SpamAssassin Ports maintainer