gw1500se,

> I must be doing something wrong with the whitelist_send hash format. I want
> to prevent any mail originating on my local domain from bouncing. The
> following is my whitelist_sender content:
>
> .mydomain.com
>
> When I look at my amavisd log I can see any mail from someu...@mydomain.com
> gets the "wbl: whitelisted sender" message. However, when mail comes
> through from someu...@myhost.mydomain.com, I do not get that message and
> the mail content is processed by amavis. This means some wanted mail is
> bounced. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Hmm. What you described looks alright, the .mydomain.com in a hash lookup
table should match the someu...@myhost.mydomain.com too. A log level 5
and your exact whitelist_sender setting would tell what is really going on.

Btw, whitelisting your own domain is not the best approach, as nowadays
it is quite often that incoming spam claims to be coming from your domain.
The right approach to whitelist mail originating from your networks
(or your authenticated roaming users) is to load a policy bank (like MYNETS)
and have spam checking disabled (@bypass_spam_checks_maps) within this
policy bank only.