On Mittwoch 20 Mai 2009 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Mittwoch 20 Mai 2009 Michael Monnerie wrote:
> > Hi, I use defang to mark mails for users. But for spam learning
> > purposes, I need to un-defang some spam going to honeypots or
> > reported by users via IMAP.
> >
> > So basically, I need a way to feed a defanged mail to a program
> > which restores the original mail, similar to what "spamassassin -d"
> > does. Is that easily possible?
>
> Any ideas for this one? I'd need to extract that original part for
> better spam learning.

Being unable to automatically recover the original mail makes the
feature of defanging prevent keeping spam in a file/mbox/IMAP and later
resubmit to SpamAssassin for learning. Is nobody concerned of that? Or
is nobody using the defang feature at all? How do you use defang plus
keep a collection of spam for re-learning?

I currently do:
1) check for spam, if yes, defang
2) send to users inbox

Some users use IMAP to move spams to a spam folder which is used for re-
learning. But obviously that doesn't help, we'd need the original mail
to learn spam.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4