Hello,

We have roughly a 50GB quarantine table on a MySQL InnoDB database.
Running amavisd-new-2.6.2.  I want to do some maintenance on the
quarantine table; however, am concerned it is going to take many many
hours to complete.  My goal is to not stop email delivery; however, I
do not mind holding up quarantine emails destined for the SQL
quarantine table.

I believe if I perform my maintenance as intended the inserts into the
quarantine table will eventually overwhelm the available amavisd
processes on the server while waiting for the SQL lock to finally
timeout and defer the message.

What's an elegant way to overcome this?

I'm thinking, if I can tell Amavis to give-up on a locked db after 5
seconds (instead of whatever the default is, seems like it's maybe
60s?) those messages would just end up deferred throughout the
maintenance and postfix cleanup will re-present them to amavisd for
quarantine later on.  Thoughts on this process?  Is there a simple way
to crank down the insert timeout in Amavis?  Perhaps an additional
argument in the @storage_sql_dsn config parameter?

Thank you,
Nathan