Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> * Michael Scheidell <scheid...@secnap.net>:
>

> I'm sorry, but automatic removal e.g. by a cron called script is not an
> option in my case. I need to stick with Germans laws. In a nutshell they say:
>
>   If the server accepts a message it has to be delivered to the user. You may
>   put it into quarantine, BUT you may not delete it automatically. Deletion
>   has to be the recipients decision.

don't they also say if you quarantine it you have to send an NDR?
if you DON'T accept it you also have to send an NDR, right?

so, in Germany, backscatter is required by law, right?

sounds like they made these rules during octoberfest.. and from the beer
garden.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008