Hello,

I try to setup (approx. for a week) a mail gateway to quarantining
incoming (only!) mails upper than a limit for example 2MB.
I use Debian Lenny 2.6.26-2-686 with full update, backported
amavisd-new 2.6.4 (20090625) and postfix 2.5.5.

I made the changes in the amavisd.conf as Mark advised in this post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg05829.html

but it doesn't work in accordance with my needs.

I set $final_destiny_by_ccat{+CC_OVERSIZED} for every possible, but
only with D_PASS put the message to the quarantine,
but also send it to the user, that I don't want to. I need to don't
get the recipient until I enable it in quarantine management
solution for example in MailZu.

Here's my amavisd.conf relevant part:

$QUARANTINEDIR = "$MYHOME/virusmails";
$quarantine_subdir_levels = 0; # enable quarantine dir hashing
$MAXLEVELS = 14;
$MAXFILES = 1500;
$MIN_EXPANSION_QUOTA =      100*1024;  # bytes
$MAX_EXPANSION_QUOTA = 300*1024*1024;  # bytes

@message_size_limit_maps = ({'anything.hu' => 1*1024*1024,});

$final_destiny_by_ccat{+CC_OVERSIZED} = D_DISCARD;
$quarantine_method_by_ccat{+CC_OVERSIZED} = 'local:/%m';

$final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD;  # (data not lost, see virus quarantine)
$final_banned_destiny     = D_DISCARD;   # D_REJECT when front-end MTA
$final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS;
$final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;     # False-positive prone (for spam)

$enable_dkim_verification = 0; #disabled to prevent warning

$virus_admin = undef; # due to D_DISCARD default

As I said before, with $final_destiny_by_ccat{+CC_OVERSIZED} = D_PASS;
puts the mail to the quarantine, but also sends to the recipient,
what is unwanted.

As I can see in the log (log_level = 4) amavis senses well the message
size and says it is OVERSIZED, but doesn't put to quarantine with any
other method
than D_PASS, but with D_REJECT and D_BOUNCE sends DSN message.

Please help solve this problem, because I'm now late with this work!
(I'm not a programmer and my english is pure, so please as plain as
possible. : -) )

Thanks in advance

Karlo