On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 03:58:36PM -0500, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> @bypass_virus_checks_acl = qw( mail.corpAdomain.com .mail.corpAdomain.com
> >> );
> >> @bypass_spam_checks_acl = qw( mail.corpAdomain.com .mail.corpAdomain.com );
> >> @local_domains_acl = ( "." ); # all domains
> >
> >> What could I be missing? Please let me know if any further information
> >> is necessary to help troubleshoot this.
> >
> > If you've set "content_filter=" in main.cf then all mails passes
> > amavisd. So you must define some exceptions...
>
> Hmm.. I guess I don't doubt you, but is this really the only way? How
> about for system mail, such as from cron or otherwise? How about mail
> simply originating from the host itself? Is there no way to definitely
> tell that it's from the local host and not scan it?

  If you set content_filter only on specific Postfix processes in
master.cf rather than main.cf, it becomes easy to do this.  You can
simply put it on the public smtp listener and not on the pickup
process, you can have an smtp listener on a separate IP address or port
for non-screened mail injection, etc.

  Because FILTER (dest) can be the result of a Postfix access lookup,
you can also use a Postfix access file lookup to direct mail either to
the content filter or to a bypass, based on any valid access lookup
criteria (recipient, sender, host, etc.) In the system I built, I used
this to allow certain "exempt" recipients to be specified, whose mail
would bypass the filtering, by sending it to the post-amavisd
reinjection Postfix listener.

> I already have two postfix instances set up, with the second for
> things like adding the message footer, etc. Can this somehow be used?

  It could, but you don't need this.

  Hope this helps; I can go into detail if you need it, but it sounds
like you've got a good grasp on Postfix config and can infer the
details from my overview.
  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  clift...@iandicomputing.com / clift...@lava.net