On 6/8/10 5:15 PM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> On 5/24/10 10:22 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>
>> Found it, and I think it has to do with INNODB, auto_increment and
>> partition tables (if you use real partition tables on maddr)
>> if you do, I suspect you will see some of those log entries below.
>> (unless you are using mysql 5.1.21 or below).
>> they MIGHT fix it in 5.1.47.

Might have fixed it.
somewhere after 5.1.40, an innodb auto_increment lock problem was resolved.
Seems if you have parallel sessions, with a multi-cpu box, (and maybe
partitioning?), you can have two sessions generate the same id.
amavisd-new can recover from seeing the same EMAIL address, but not same id.

problem might have been introduced in 5.1.23, and fixed in 5.1.41, 42,
43, 44, 45 46, or 47.

if you get a 'hit' on this grep on your mail logs, you might want to
upgrade to 5.1.47.

grep 'to=.*relay=127.0.0.1.*status=deferred.*failed to insert addr'
/var/log/maillog

Also, I am using the built in innodb engine, rather than the plugin.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008