> Hello *,
>       using spamassassin from amavisd-new, in the header X-Spam-Status
> (the
> one added by amavis) I always have autolearn=unavailable, but SA works
> correctly with autolearn!
> In SA logs I found that the autolearn "variable" is correctly set to
> ham|spam|no|whatever.
> In Example:
>
> Mail header, after amavis processing:
> MISSING_SUBJECT, TO_NO_BRKTS_DIRECT] autolearn=unavailable
>

> SA log:  (yes, I'm using amavis with spamc/spamd)
> Jun  9 15:28:51 mailfilter-1 spamd[11982]: spamd: result: . 1 -
> AWL,BAYES_00,MISSING_SUBJECT,TO_NO_BRKTS_DIRECT
> scantime=0.6,size=504,user=(unknown),uid=104,required_score=5.0,rhost=m
> ailfilter-
> 1.domain.it,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=37098,mid=<20100609132844.78892A5...@
> mailfilter-1.domain.it>,bayes=0.000004,autolearn=no
>

> It seems that amavis can't read the SA autolearn variable...
> any hint?
>
> thanks
> Stefano

Stefano,

FWIK amavis doesn't even attempt to read the autolearn variable from
local.cf, having nothing to do with it. So, your question is a bit OT here
and you'd better ask to the SA maillist.

Anyway, you have to train the bayes DB with a number of ham and spam in
order for autolearn to start operating. The autolearn=unavailable you see is
exactly meant to say that bayes is not enough trained.

If you instead believe you already trained the bayes db enough, chances are
you did it as a o.s. user which is not the same actually running amavis.
Since SA defaults to use a per-user bayes db, it is actually working with a
different, almost empty one.

Giampaolo