Luigi,

> I am using 9998 as an interface to release quarantined messages using a
> software that I wrote.
>
> The configuration, exept for this, is a standard by-the-book (meaning
> following the instructionds of amanvid-new site) configuratin with
> amavisd, MySQL and postfix connected via SMTP/LMTP using the standard
> ports.
>
> I just changed that, and I think that it worked fine until previous release
> (but I am not very sure).

I don't know, there is something fishy there in your AM.PDP requests.

A quarantine release request should look something like:

request=release
mail_id=cZ4Sp2d0Ysci
quar_type=Z
mail_file=W32/spam/c/cZ4Sp2d0Ysci.gz

followed by an empty line. Each line should be terminated by a CR LF.

Your request seems to be missing the 'request=release' attribute.

Either we are looking at some bogus request (like a MTA trying to
open a SMTP session to amavisd AM.PDP port), or your release client
needs fixing.

If the AM.PDP session comes on an inet socket (as opposed to a unix socket),
you can capture the session with a 'tcpdump -s 0 -i lo0 -w 0.log' and
examine it with a wireshark.