On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 14:58 +0200, Mark Martinec wrote:
> Vernon,
>
> > I have a few emails with attachments that have been quarantined as spam.
> > I would normally use altermime to strip the attachment and then sa-learn
> > --ham.  Is this still the recommended way of unlearning messsages with
> > attachments?
>
> I see no good reason for stripping attachments before learning.
> Just feed the quarantine file to sa-learn or to spamassassin --report
> e.g.:

A while back, i set the $sa_mail_body_size_limit to undef to combat
emails with large jpeg and pdf attachments, well not large but larger
that the 200*1024 limit.  These messages were detected under this
setting.  When attempting to unlearn (sa-learn -D --ham (or --forget)
{message}), it returns:
        [16026] info: archive-iterator: skipping large message
        Forgot tokens from 0 message(s) (0 message(s) examined)

I've been using Amavis (then amavisd-new) and spamassassin long enough
to realize that i need to re-educate myself of the proper techniques,
hence the original question.  Been doing ALOT of reading - many
different opinions and trying to get the most optimal configurations to
handle anywhere from 15k to 60k messages per day - small but still
important.

Does anyone have suggestions on the optimal message size limit or will
the default 200*1024 suffice.

Vernon