Miguel,

> In my log I get a couple of mail addresses with equal signs in it:
> 'something=john.sm...@domain.org'
> But in the maddr table I only see references to john.sm...@domain.org
> Is this intend?

No, it shouldn't be doing that.

> Shouldn't it put 'something=john.sm...@domain.org' in the maddr table?

Yes.

I just tried it (with PostgreSQL), and it does put the full sender's
e-mail address into a table maddr (i.e. one of the SQL logging / pen-pals
tables). If it does not in your case, I'd need to see a full log at
level 5, and need to know the version of amavisd and a database server
type.

Note that the address is lowercased before insertion, perhaps you
tried a SELECT with an original address with some capital characters,
which didn't find the record.

Try:
  select * from maddr where email like '%=%';

> If I want to block this mail address should i put
> 'something=john.sm...@domain.org' or 'john.sm...@domain.org' ?

This time you are probably referring to a table 'mailaddr' (used
for white/blacklisting), or perhaps to a table 'users' (recipients).
You should put the full address there. The '=' is not special
and is treated like any other character, unless you use as a
$recipient_delimiter, in which case you can either put the full
address there, or an address without address extension.
See README.lookups, the SQL section.