Von: Michael Scheidell [michael.scheid...@secnap.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010 15:44
An: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [AMaViS-user] Remove banned attachement, delvier EMail normally or
notify receipient

On 12/7/10 8:03 AM, Florian Thiessenhusen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i need to know, how i can accomplish this:
>
> When an email arrives with a forbidden attachment, the attachment has to be
> replaced with a notify for receipient.
>
> For example: attachment.txt: "The attachment has been replaced due to policy
> reasons" or something.
>
> Right now I only know about deleting and quarantining Mails with banned
> attachments.
> I my opinion there is no option to notify the receipient.
>
> I am using latest stable Postfix with latest stable amavis on latest stable
> debian. :)
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Florian

this is not something that is supported by postfix or amavis.
google for this, people ask for this every once and a while until they
understand that MUCKING UP THE EMAIL by removing and replacing an
attachment screws up lots of things: smime/dkim signatures, size
allocations, and, if someone is sending you a virus in an email, you
really won't want the original email anyway.

taking the email apart is ALMOST easy, see ripmime.  putting it back
together is tricky.  have fun, but its not an amavis or postfix option.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

 For administrativa requests please send email to rainer at openantivirus dot
org