On 11/14/2017 01:06 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
I sometimes get the attached dmesg splat when the GDM login screen times
out and fades to black (presumably specifically when it finally sets
DPMS off, which disables the vblank interrupt).

As you mention this and also that this happens intermittently I would suspect a race between page flip and DPMS(OFF) IOCTLs so by the time drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_vblanks is called from page flip the DPMS IOCTL already turned vblank off, but do_aquire_global_lock should protect exactly from such a race so maybe something broke around there. Maybe putting a WARN_ON(vblank interrupt status != ON) before waiting on it can shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Andrey

I've seen this for the first time today, so it might have been
introduced by one of the DC changes which landed in amd-staging-drm-next
since yesterday. But since it doesn't happen every time, I can't be sure
of that yet.