Hello,

I am attempting to use the mega2560 as a nicely featured development platform for AmForth-6.9.  The machine I'm using is a Win10 box, with Microchip Studio version 7 installed.

In the zip file, under appl/atmega2561, I notice atmega256.eep.hex and atmega256.hex.  The eep.hex file doesn't seem to get recognized by Studio 7.  Do I need to rename it to just a ".eep" file?

Can I start building the platform by flashing these files into the board?  If so, what is the process to add functionality (I2C, SPI, etc.)?  As a total newbie!

If it's necessary to recompile and create new hex files, the process is unclear.  Is it spelled out somewhere such that a beginner can follow some basic steps to make the proper file(s)?

It is my understanding that both flash and EEPROM need to be written, along with the fuses, [E:0xFF, H: 0xDC, L:0xFF].  Do I have these correct?

Once I get this figured out, I'd like to submit a write-up for newbies and perhaps draw more users into AmForth.  How might I get this posted, when completed?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Michael