Chuck,

You can absolutely trust this software, but it (like any software) is
only as good as the formulas you write.  It takes time to line how to
program.

If you just want to manually place trades via a chart, you might want
to consider quotetracker.  It has a simple trading interface and
charts and Amibroker can also accept data from Quotetracker (or
directly from TWS).  Quotetracker ONLY displays charts and is not as
highly configurable as Amibroker.  It can't backtest strategies at all.

It's like the difference between a four wheel drive and a small car.
You can pretty much do anything in a four wheel drive (Amibroker), but
if you only need to stay on the road (i.e. display charts and manual
trade), then the small car is good enough.

Mark

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "Charles J. Dudek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I love AmiBroker and I am very motivated to buy it, but only if I can
> get the front end interface to work with Interactive Brokers' TWS.  I
> am not a programmer and might want to learn someday, but not right
> now.  All I want to be able to do is place manual orders directly from
> AmiBroker.  I tried installing the AT1010 beta patch and then
> pasting "example 3" from http://www.amibroker.com/at/ as instructed by
> Marcin Gorzynski, but when I click on parameters, it seems to
> automatically try to place an order, i.e. I don't get any kind of entry
> screen, I get error messages telling me that it couldn't connect with
> TWS or something like that, but it looks like it's trying to place a
> buy order for whatever stock I had on the chart at the time.  What am I
> doing wrong and how can I get this to work properly?
>
> Also, I'm concerned by the multiple warnings about "expect bugs" and
> I'm worried about this thing accidentally placing orders and wiping out
> my account.  Can I trust this software?
>
> Chuck

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

http://www.amibroker.com/support.html