I get an error when I run the following, this line is taken directly from the
online reference (reproduced below). The error I get is "too many arguments"

Sell = Cross( Study( "SU" ), Close, GetChartID() );

What is the correct format for using this?

Best regards,
-VJ

Write the formula that checks trend line break
 In this example we will detect if the closing price drops BELOW support trend
line. This is actually very simple:
  sell = cross( study( "SU" ), close, GetChartID()  );
 Note that study() function accepts two arguments: the first is StudyID two
letter code that corresponds to one given in properites dialog; the second
argument is chart ID - it should be taken either via GetChartID() function
(then  it refers to current indicator) or read from Parameter  dialog, Axes &
Grid: Miscellaneous: Chart ID