I forgot to mention Howard's book QUANTITATIVE TRADING SYSTEMS, which
was another important addition to the AmiBroker *Knowledge Base*
within the last twelve months.
I think there was a lot of altruism behind Howard's decision to write.

Gee, you new users have it easy today.
Things were a lot tougher in my day, let me tell you.

Also I will benefit from the Users' Knowledge Base thanks to the
generosity of people like Herman and Dingo who give up their own time
to help others along the way.

Brian O:-)

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "brian_z321" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks to all for a very good discussion on the topic of Ami's
vision.

> Just to add a little color on the side.
>
> When I purchased Ami one year ago I knew in advance that it was the
> trading program for me and that it had community and developer
> support equal to or beyond anything else around.
>
> Turning that to my advantage was another matter.
> There is an incredible amount of support material available but
> finding it, understanding it and applying it takes time and
patience.

> Time is the real issue, especially for those who are working as
well
> as trading, rather than a lack of support quality or quantity.
>
> IMO Ami didn't need to get any better she just needed to explain
> herself more.
>
> My first impression was that Ami was biased to people with good IT
> skills, but that could have been prejudice on my part.
>
> In one year Ami has seen a considerable shift in that area IMO.
> The integrated Web browser, AFL Wizard and upcoming User's
Knowledge