Hello,

Why don't you move to Metastock that has 65000 bar limit ?

The truth is that AmiBroker is the most capable in this area because
it stores way more data than other softwares. Also, by changing the registry
limit you can set it to any value you need. The limit is not the software but
the hardware

It is funny when people make statements like yours without taking calculator
and
actually checking how much memory you need to store that.

20 million bars - OK, but did you actually count how much memory you need for
that?
Each quote is 64 bytes, now 20 million of bars is 1.2GB of memory per symbol.

You may say "but you don't need to load it at once". But unfortunatelly you do
need that.
How you can backtest without loading the data ?
And each AFL array in such case would need 4 * 20 million = 80 MB of RAM.
Usually user formulas use hundreds of such arrays.

Wise old words are: "You can't eat your cake and have it too".

If you want more data stored - the price for that is increased memory
requirements
and more CPU power needed to process it.

Now you can say: you can process one bar at a time - yes you can - but you need
to store intermediate results anyway for next iteration and that means that
memory requirements
would not be even one byte less than they are. Plus changing execution model to
1-bar at a time will
mean (number-of-bars)-times slow down.

So you would end up with system that is slow, slow and even more slow.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com