Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

On 2010-08-04 01:44, Herman wrote:

The code doesn't execute faster in the AA. You are off-loading processing from the indicator to the AA, i.e. let the indicator do the plotting and let the AA do the calculations once a second. This is fast enough because the only thing that changes on your chart is the last bar and you can keep that "live" by plotting a single candle indicator.

a very simple example:

AA code, set to Current Symbol, All Quotations, Run-Every to 1 sec, and run
SCAN:

*Buy*=*Sell*=*Short*=*Cover*=0;
StaticVarSet( "BBTop", BBandTop( *C*, 20, 2 ) );
StaticVarSet( "BBBot", BBandBot( *C*, 20, 2 ) );

Indicator code:

Plot( *C*, "", 1, 64 ); *// this plot is live
*Plot( StaticVarGet( "BBTop" ), "BBTop", *colorBlue*, *styleLine* ); *// this
updates 1/sec
*Plot( StaticVarGet( "BBBot" ), "BBBot", *colorBlue*, *styleLine* );

On my computer the Indicator part executes 3x faster plotting speeds up the Indicator code 3x, AA 0.9 mSec, Indicator 0.3 mSec. Of course the gains would be much greater with complex code.

If anyone sees something wrong with the AA idea please speak up. It seems to be too good to be true, usually there is something wrong when things look too good ;-)
I am surprised no one critiqued this idea. There must be a negative side to
this... anyone?

Herman

*> Herman,

> Can you explain a little more about the indicator code vs
> AA code... is it identical...? I'm not entirely clear why
> it executes so much faster via the AA than an indicator in a chart.

> Many Thanks

> Rob

> **** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com