With the way AB works, the implications of ChartIDs being the same or
different can be profound.

Once one acquires some insight into the ChartID concept, the desire to
be able to do copies of panes/layouts/templates and have control over
whether the copies have the same or new ChartIDs comes to the fore.

Computer assistance here (rather than the need to rebuild charts/layouts
from scratch) is much to be desired.

I've posted a related suggestion in the AB Feedback Center:

     http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/view_bug.php?bug_id=1991