I think your pain is different than mine:)  I like the way templates (and
ChartIDs) work currently.  It is easy to edit and manipulate them at will.

I use the same formula with two different ChartIDs to be able to have different
sets of parameters for them.  But a lot of my studies need to be duplicated
from one chart to another.  Copying study objects by pressing Ctrl+C has
already been implemented.  The trouble is that AB won't allow to paste the
clipboard if ChartID is different.

Don