Hi

I'm about to write a data plugin and having problems understanding the
timeframe covered by such a plugin.

Let's assume I have a DB of 1000 ticks on a DB server and I have memory to show
only 50 on the client (AmiBroker) side. I want the client to be able to access
historical and realtime data. How can the data plugin get which timeframe to
use to fill the buffer given by GetQuotesEx? Which 50 ticks to get? I'm
thinking about something like this:

- if the user scrolls left he will get older data
- if the user scrolls right he will get more recent data
- if the user sees the latest data he will get realtime data

Is it possible somehow? Is this a common scenario? What about backtesting, walk
forward testing and other optimizations, can I use such strategy with them or
should I try to store every relevant tick in the client side cache? With time
compression I can save memory, I know, I just want to be nice to user memory.

Thanks,
lukit