Hi (vagy Szia),

GetQuotesEx has 5 important params:
Ticker...
Periodicity tells what timeframe the DB uses.
Size=how many quotes the db can have at maximum (size of the array of quotes).
LastValid is the index of the last quote in the DB.
pQuotes is the pointer to the first quote.

Think of the DB as an array of quotes. You fill in as much quotes as you can or
as much as the db can accomodate (preferences settings!).

A chart/exploration/scan/etc. will use as much quotes as it need or as much as
available.

I hope it helped.

Even if you want to use C to code your plugin, look at my .Net SDK. The new
version (.Net SDK 2.0 yet in Beta 2) supports data and optimization APIs. The
data source API samples may give some hints.
http://sites.google.com/site/dotnetsdkforab/

Regards,

Jozsef