Keith,

Thanks for your note.

I don't know if your observations and mine are related, but both do seem
to be changes in program behavior ...

Is anyone currently using AB.ActiveWindow.ExportImage() with AB 5.30.4?
(Succussfully, or unsuccessfully)

Can anyone try the codes I posted, which are supposed to run as-is, and
report on what they observe?

- Steve

On 8/20/2010 2:15 PM, Keith McCombs wrote:

> Progster --
> I recently noticed, with 5.30.4, something that may be related to the
> problem you are having. Maybe not.
>
> After a walk forward test, ~~~ISEQUITY and ~~~OSEQUITY are not written
> to disk until AB is closed. Same goes for ~~~EQUITY after a backtest.
> This is driving me up a wall. I used to copy and rename these files
> for safe keeping while AB was running. Now I have to close AB first.
> Very inconvenient.
> -- Keith
>

> On 8/20/2010 05:12, Progster wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is is possible that the AB OLE Automation Object Model call
>> ExportImage() is broken in AB 5.30.4?
>>
>> Despite everything I could think of to try, the images always come out
>> blank, like those attached.
>>
>> Neither of the codes below work, and yet each was said to work on the
>> list in the past.
>>
>> Operational attempts have included:
>>
>> AB Open Dbl-Click on script
>> AB Open Run script from command window
>>
>> AB Closed Dbl-Click on script
>> AB Closed Run script from command window
>>
>> Results are always either: server error, AB crash, or it runs and
>> produces the blank chart.
>>
>> When AB is open, it doesn't matter what layout/chart is up. Still no joy.
>>
>> What could be (not) happening here???
>>
>> - Progster
>>
>> -----------
>>
>> // ImageTest_01.js
>> AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
>> AB.ActiveWindow.ExportImage( "test.gif", 640, 480 );
>>
>> // ImageTest_02.js
>>
>> iWatchList = 8; /// you can define watch list number here
>>
>> AB = new ActiveXObject("Broker.Application");
>> Qty = AB.Stocks.Count; for( i = 0; i < Qty; i++ )
>> {
>> Stk = AB.Stocks( i );
>> if( iWatchList < 32 )
>> {
>> if( Stk.WatchListBits & ( 1 << iWatchList ) )
>> {
>> Doc = AB.Documents.Open( Stk.Ticker );
>> WScript.Sleep( 4000 ); // 4 seconds delay
>> AB.ActiveWindow.ExportImage(Stk.Ticker + ".png")
>> Doc.Close();
>> }
>> }
>> else
>> {
>> if( Stk.WatchListBits2 & ( 1 << ( iWatchList - 32 )) )
>> {
>> Doc = AB.Documents.Open( Stk.Ticker );
>> AB.ActiveWindow.ExportImage(Stk.Ticker + ".png")
>> WScript.Sleep( 4000 ); // 4 seconds delay
>> Doc.Close();
>> }
>> }
>> }