Shoot! It was late at night and English is my fourth language only. The second line of my last reply does not read well. It should have been:

I understand what you mean by "how plain old FIR (finite impulse response) can be proprietary", and I agree.

On 8/26/2010 6:05 AM, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

Hello,

I could "package" bread and butter, and sell it. But I can not claim any intellectual rights to it. This is the point.

This indicator is not different that say MA(16). It is well-known formula (yes simple moving average is also FIR filter!) plus arbitrarily selected parameter (16). Nothing more.

There are many freeware IIR and FIR "design" programs (even on line like this:
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~fisher/mkfilter/
that allow you to enter cutoff frequency, passband ripple, etc
and so on and the result is just the set of coefficients, and even C-source code ! so everybody can come up with zillions of
such "inventions" in a matter of 5 seconds.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

On 2010-08-26 00:41, Mubashar Virk wrote:

Hi,

I did not say you added them. I just said you may/might remove them.

I understand what you mean "plain old FIR (finite impulse response) can be proprietary", and I agree.

However, there are lots of guys out there busy packaging the open stuff into "neural-networks" and other number generators, and selling them as there own. Fin-Ware is one of the guys. They sell FATL, SATL, etc. and the numbers/indicators generator software. Hence, the assumption that they are (or may be) proprietary.

http://www.fin-ware.com/indicators.html

Regards,
Mav

PS: Is it DeMark who own a copyright on "OHLC". ;)