>I had to put my two cents worth in on the easiest TX
to rebuild, repair, restore. It goes to the Heathkit
DX-40 my novice rig from 1965 when I started. I bought
it used, went through two novice tickets then put it
on the shelf for twenty years. When I brought it back
out for AM use recently, it needed much work. All the
filter caps were easy to find and install. A new 6146
and a 6CL6 were needed as was a new power transformer
(smoke at first test). I got the transformer from Vin
on this reflector. The best thing I did was to clean
up the wiring and bad solder joints from the original
constructor (not me). It works great. First CQ from
here in Toledo netted a Puerto Rican response on 40
meters. A Heathkit basic rig is a good first project.
Ken Zuercher KC8QO