Diane Swynar wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> Sounds to me like you may well be an active PARTICIPANT this same time next
> year!
>
> I sure hope so. The 1929 QSO Party IS a lot of fun, & it's certainly got me
> hooked! Since I first heard about it I've built a 245 Hartley, a 2x245 RF
> amplifier, a 4-tube regenerative receiver, & now a 3x227 MOPA transmitter!
>
> These time machines really CAN get into one's blood...write a letter to the
> A.W.A. & ask for a sample copy of their quarterly magazine. At twenty bucks
> per annum dues, it's a great organization to belong to.
>
> ~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

It certainly is intriguing, Ed -

I do have some nice old HB rigs here, but I don't think any were built prior to
1929. Several of them were built by a fellow named William Lightfoot, a former
Raytheon engineer and radio nut like many of us. One of the rigs is actually
pictured in Grinder's book detailing old gear (even got an autographed copy
with the rig!), it uses plug-in coils but I can't recall the tube line up. At
any rate, I hope to get through my current list of projects and find some time
in the next year or so to go through the HB gear. If nothing else, it will be a
great learning experience to go over the circuitry and check them out. I've had
a couple of them lit off, but never on the air. I bet they sound interesting!

Does the AWA have a page online with information about this event and the
equipment used? I almost think I had a bookmark for something related to the
AWA, I wonder which file I hid it in?

73, Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ