Hello Jim:  I also have 2 G-76 rigs but only have one in use. It seems
  to work fine for me on Six Meters, dont recall any problems. If I remember
  correctly, it was putting out about 25 Watts. I run mine conservativly
  though (easier on the final) and adjust modulation accordingly. As you must
  know, a good low pass filter is in order to help prevent TVI from harmonics
  of the 8.4 MHz rock. I think my 6 Meter sensitivity was around 6-7 uV for
  10 db S/N Ratio. Not very hot but should be OK for local stuff and band
  openings.

  Look for you on 50.4, which I monitor anytime I am in the shack.

  73 es Good Luck.. Charlie, K0NG .

Quoting Jim candela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>       Hello Gang,
>
>       In the Austin, Texas area there is some activity on 50.4 spearheaded by
> Nick W5FUA. I would like to get something on six to join them. I have a pair
> of Gonset G76 transceivers that cover 80-6 meters. On six meters these are
> crystal control only.
>
>       My question to the group is "is the G76 a viable six meter rig?" It has
> been a long time, but I recall trying to make one of my G-76 rigs work on
> six. I recall a very distressed 6DQ5, poor efficiency, downward modulation,
> and a receiver that had very poor sensitivity along with image problems. I
> figured that this six meter capability on the G76 was more marketing hype
> than reality. The 6DQ5 works quite well on ten meters though. Last night I
> read the G76 manual, and based on that maybe my rigs are just broken.
>
>       Do any of you fine folk have any experience on six meters using a G76?
If