Hello Mike: I dont think there is anything wrong with the basic design of the
Globe Scout. You could have something wrong with that particular rig though.
Try just loading the transmitter into a dummy load (forget the tuner) and see
how it acts then. Real sharp tuning might indicate a tendacy to oscillate.

Good Luck. 73 DE Charlie,  K0NG.