>  You
> turn on your receiver, hear W5OMR calling a CQ with an S-meter pegging
> signal, and that excellent 250 TH audio. You then zero beat him with your
> valiant, and when he pauses you hit the plate switch. What happens then?
> Well that last screw you put in extended into the Valiant high voltage area
> shorting it out. The 866's flash over pulling high current, the lights dim,
> the fuse does not blow (you forgot that you replaced the fuse with a sawed
> off volume control shaft), you hit the plate switch, and it doesn't shut off
> because the contacts are welded on now. Finally the house circuit breaker
> pops, but too late for your HV plate transformer, and 866's. They are toast.
> The moral of the story here is to leave the last two screws out, and enjoy
> your wonderful Valiant! :)

Please tell me this didn't happen to you this morning, Jim....

It would have been nice to work ya.

I did talk to ol' Uncle Ed, up in Harrisburg, PA/WA3PUN as well as Bill,
WA3YNR... along about 2am, I went inside the house (I forget why) but
I never made it back out.  6 hours later, I know everyone is not on 3.880
anymore.

*sigh*

I need some regular sleeping habits.

73 = Best Regards,