how about this ?
since the new extra test is the same as the general test. theory wise (less new modes) i took back in 62 . and yes i am a VE and still have my old study guide from back in Noah's days. take the extra keep it at 20 wpm starting in say 90 days. set the extra cw band up for 20wpm extra only . the extra-lites as they are being called. let them have the ssb extra band. if they want to come up with us and do cw in the bottom 25 MHz get the code. also lets set aside a nice 25 MHz on say 80 40 20 and 10 mts for AM phone of the BA class. no sand state AM. tube finals and mods only. hummm that should get me lots of flames.. Guess i just feel that after 45+ years of being a ham taking my test before the FCC and having our great ARRL take my bands away because i was not smart enough back in 68 and i needed to learn more and pass more . this new deal just frosts my [EMAIL PROTECTED]
73
Tony

Anthony W. DePrato WA4JQS
South Sandwich Island Antarctic Dxpedition Group
VP8BZL VP8SSI 3Y0PI V31SS ZD8JQS  WA4JQS/4K1 WA4JQS/K4C WA4JQS/ZS1
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35