On 12 Jul 2004 at 16:24, Kim Elmore wrote:

> Now that I've read a bit about the BC-610, I'd love to try my hand at
> getting one back on the air :)  It looks like the SCR-399 was the
> ultimate Field Day set up!

Kim there is NOTHING like the old BC-610. What a great transmitter.
A friend of mine had one in Nashville about 20-24 years ago,
Roger Frith N4IBF is no longer with us. He succumbed to
cancer at a young age (40-ish.) He was a leading light in the AM revival of the
1980s in our area, and kept the basement warm with a big BC-610, and used an R-
390 and 75A4 for receivers with it.

They also used to haul a BC-610 to the Gaithersburg Hamfest
"AM CORRAL" back in the good old days of the 1980s and
the 1990s when I lived in Maryland. Again you could always
count on a FAT signal from that '610.