Perhaps he is more familiar with MegaHurts.  As in 'I feel your pain'.

I believe it is unreasonable to assume that bureaucrats have technical
savy just because they influence things of a technical nature.

There is no process of osmosis transfering technical savy through
association.  Even if there were, a politician would be imune to such a
process.

Lack of technical savy among politicians may be a blessing.  They would
only use it to massage the facts to support their political ambitions.

Regards,
Frank Kamp